Links to lists of Chris's Compositions
Chris's music is performed in countries around the world, including Australia, Canada, the Channel Islands, Holland, Germany, South Africa and the USA; as well as throughout Great Britain It has been included on several CDs and broadcast on BBC and American radio. Pieces by Chris have been featured in the Vale of Glamorgan Festival, the Machynlleth Festival, the Annual Festival of New Organ Music, and the Gloucester Three Choirs Festival; and have been performed in such prestigious venues as St Paul's Cathedral, London; the Usher Hall, Edinburgh; and at the Wanamaker Store in Philadelphia, USA.
Chris composes in a variety of genres, but specialises in choral and organ music. He has an entry in A Directory of Composers for Organ; and holds the diplomas of FTCL in composition, and FLCM in church music composition. He is a member of Composers of Wales and has a listing in the Ty Cerdd composer database.
Publishers of Chris's compositions include:
In addition, a large number of his compositions are available online at scoreexchange.com.
Chris welcomes commissions for new pieces. Commissioned works include:
- Processional (organ piece, published by Banks) (Hear a performance)
- O how amiable are thy dwellings (anthem for choir and organ) (Hear a performance)
- Rondo Giocoso (for double bass and piano)
- The Peace of God (motet for choir)
- The Jolly Shepherd (Christmas piece for choir and organ, to be published by Paraclete) (Hear a performance)
- To God who Gives our Daily Bread (short motet for choir,)
- As long as Your Eyes are Blue (piano solo) (Hear a performance)
- A Breath of Kindness (piano solo) (Hear a performance)
- I have loved you (motet for choir)
- Love is... (short motet for choir, published by Paraclete)
- Benedictus (setting of the Roman Catholic version of the text for choir and organ) (Hear a performance)
- Two Doves (wedding part-song for choir)
- Six jingles for the BBC Music Magazine podcasts